Monday, July 28, 2008

A nice slice of tomato!

Last week RoWan informed me that she wanted to make her own sandwich for lunch with "a nice slice of tomato", just like on her favorite TV show Caillou. Sadly, we had no tomatoes because I hadn't been to the grocery store and my first attempt at gardening has met with failure.

This is what my tomato plants look like.
This is what Matt and Michelle's tomato plants look like next door.
Where did I go wrong?!

The really amazing thing is that I have been told that everything flourishes in Iowa. You just plant things and watch them grow. No watering, no fertilizing, very little weeding. I guess there is always next year.


2 comments:

The Wiseman Life said...

Lol....wow, we must be related.:)
I planted tomatoes as well and mine did the same thing. My neighbors plants looks like huge bushes. I can't figure it out!

the author said...

I live a mile from my mother-in-law and we have the same happy/sad tomato plant paradox going.

She's already gotten tomatoes from her plant, although she's convinced that they're dying. Mine look great, but are behind hers on production...

Did you have any frost affect yours?