Friday, August 15, 2008

To the one who waited...


When Eric and I got married we were asked to share what we considered to be one of the most endearing qualities the other possessed. My choice.....He loves me no matter what!

I knew there was something different right from the start, and I will never forget our first date and the way I felt when he shook my hand upon being introduced. There was a spark! But, it took nearly 4 years before I could make the commitment. Eric spent two of those years asking and then patiently waiting.

I loved every part of being single, young, and carefree! I wanted to savor every moment and enjoy every experience in that era of my life. I loved college. Cramming for exams, and study groups. I loved the countless hours spent in the library. I loved hanging out on campus and attending sporting events. I loved road trips with good friends. I loved meeting new people and building relationships. I dated a lot of guys, but there was only one that was willing to wait. Wait for me to finish my education. Wait for me to finish enjoying the single life. Wait for me to get the carefree college days out of my system. Wait for me to choose him. I am sure there were times when I hurt his heart, but through it all he loved me no matter what. And now I savor every moment of our journey together.

To the one who waited,

Happy Anniversary! Six years ago I said yes......and I still say yes. You are perfect for me.

With my whole heart, R


I will try everyday to be worth waiting for.

No comments: