Last Thursday 8,500 RAGBRAI riders came down the street in front of our house. This is a big deal in Iowa. People come from all over to make the trek from west to east across the entire state. It ends with the traditional dipping of the tires in the Mississippi river. (This is something I think the Williamson gang could really appreciate). As Iowans (for now) we had to join in the festivities. So we spent the evening waving and cheering for the riders as they passed by, and then we enjoyed all the yummy food and entertainment. The BBQ and gyros were to die for.
Every park in town was full of tents, campers, and RVs. Where else do you put 8,500 bikers? The car wash was even transformed into locker room type showers. We really know how to roll out the red carpet around here.
We saw many interesting characters....the man in the cow costume, the man that badly needed some air-conditioning on that bike, the man that we hope made it the whole 472 miles, and the couple traveling in style (if I ever take this ride across Iowa, I want the front seat of that bike).
Pearce & Brittany (his first love)
"The pirates of the corridor" was our little town's theme, so we had to be pirates.....even if it was just for the pictures.
RoWan & Stormy (Storm and her sister Sterling live down the street, and RoRo loves to play with them.)
Sorry Matt....I look a lot better in those glasses.
RoWan wanted to join the other bikers.
During RAGBRAI, RoRo, Peanut, & Stormy spent half the evening running around the house yelling, "who let the dogs out...who who who who!". My questions is....Who taught them that song...who who who who?! It provided a good laugh and a great nights sleep.
When in Iowa...do as the Iowans do!

1 comment:
I love love love seeing these videos! And I can't wait to see you guys! Love you!
Onie
Post a Comment