Monday, July 14, 2008

Wrinkle Free!

I come from a long line of women that have made ironing an art form. My mother is a master, my grandmother is a master (I have never seen her kind of perfection anywhere), and I am sure my great-grandmother was probably a master. These are women that can put any professional to shame. I however, am not my mother's daughter when it comes to perfectly starching a man's shirt. The truly amazing part is that I honestly think she enjoys doing it. I don't know if I should blame it on a genetic defect or on a lack of practice. I doubt I have ever had enough of the latter. I simply don't believe that my husband's appearance should be solely my responsibility.

So last night, as I stood at the ironing board which had a few cobwebs on it when I took it out (this is the truth), ironing Eric's shirts. (I only agreed to this because he said he would do the vacuuming and fold the laundry.) I decided that I am so thrilled to be living during an era in which one of the greatest inventions of all time is available.

Wrinkle free fabric!

Eric doesn't enjoy ironing. I don't enjoy ironing. But there are few things we enjoy more than a perfectly pressed shirt.
I vow that I will never purchase another shirt for my husband that is not made of this remarkable fabric. And for all you gift givers out there. If it isn't wrinkle free, keep it and enjoy ironing it yourself. We will remember that it is the thought that counts!

1 comment:

The Judds said...

I am right there with you. Poor Kyle has to go to work with wrinkled shirts everyday, and I don't care. Maybe I should! Loved RoWan today being the mother, I just chuckle every time I think about her pulling Hannah.