I start looking forward to this about the time when I am cleaning up the mess after lunch while two other messes are being made, which I will be cleaning up later. I have already cleaned the kitchen up after breakfast, and after mid-morning snack time.... and I still have the snack after naps, and dinner messes to look forward to (this one may not get cleaned up until the next morning). And the Kitchen is only one thing on a very long list of things to accomplish.
By the time naps are over and too much togetherness has led to fussiness (the baby), tormenting (RoWan), and using Dora as a babysitter (Me), Bedtime can't come soon enough. Fortunately, I have a husband who is willing to be responsible for this job every night (if he can get away from the hospital soon enough, which only happens about 1/4 of the time). I wonder....would he still want this job if it really was his every night?
Pearce still likes to go to bed, and when we put him in his crib he looks up with a big smile, puts his fingers in his mouth and goes to sleep.
RoWan is cooperative most of the time, but there are those nights when too much fun, and too few naps lead to a bedtime battle of the wills. The crying and the excuses begin right after her bath. I'm thirsty, I'm still hungry, I need my nightlight, one more story, snuggle me one more minute, I want to watch "Dancing with the Stars" too. Just this week as the battle raged....the overworked doctor against the 3 1/2 year old master negotiator, RoWan made the final, cutting blow with "You are the meanest dad at night!".
I think she got one more story and more snuggle time. I love Eric for being willing to be the "meanest dad" so that I don't have to be the "meanest mom". And now the house is quiet and I think there is nothing more peaceful and beautiful than a sleeping child.
By the time naps are over and too much togetherness has led to fussiness (the baby), tormenting (RoWan), and using Dora as a babysitter (Me), Bedtime can't come soon enough. Fortunately, I have a husband who is willing to be responsible for this job every night (if he can get away from the hospital soon enough, which only happens about 1/4 of the time). I wonder....would he still want this job if it really was his every night?
Pearce still likes to go to bed, and when we put him in his crib he looks up with a big smile, puts his fingers in his mouth and goes to sleep.
RoWan is cooperative most of the time, but there are those nights when too much fun, and too few naps lead to a bedtime battle of the wills. The crying and the excuses begin right after her bath. I'm thirsty, I'm still hungry, I need my nightlight, one more story, snuggle me one more minute, I want to watch "Dancing with the Stars" too. Just this week as the battle raged....the overworked doctor against the 3 1/2 year old master negotiator, RoWan made the final, cutting blow with "You are the meanest dad at night!".
I think she got one more story and more snuggle time. I love Eric for being willing to be the "meanest dad" so that I don't have to be the "meanest mom". And now the house is quiet and I think there is nothing more peaceful and beautiful than a sleeping child.


"Goodnight room. Goodnight moon. Goodnight Cow jumping over the moon.
Goodnight light and the red balloon. Goodnight bears. Goodnight chairs.
Goodnight Kittens and Goodnight mittens. Goodnight clocks and goodnight socks.
Goodnight little house and goodnight mouse. Goodnight comb and goodnight brush.
Goodnight nobody. Goodnight mush. And goodnight to the old lady whispering "hush".
Goodnight stars. Goodnight air. Goodnight noises everywhere."
-from "Goodnight Moon"-


1 comment:
I love those pictures Reagan. It is so much fun to see RoWan and Pierce. I am happy to know that someone else looks forward to bedtime as much as I do!
Post a Comment