Monday, August 18, 2008

The Best Surprise



We were a family of girls. 3 sweet little girls, with 2 happy parents, content with life and family. Somewhere just shy of bliss......but something was missing. Then on July 12, 1983 (just 18 months after the arrival of the last girl) The Best Surprise made his appearance in our lives and everything changed forever. We went from something missing to.... complete.

And now things are about to change again. I find it difficult knowing that we will have to share him with someone else, but I am excited for the addition of what I am sure will be another great surprise.



3 sweet girls, with 2 happy parents, "The Best Surprise" that made our family complete, and now a new sister that we can't wait to love.





Dear Jordan,

It is the beginning of a new era. You are about to embark on an exciting new time in your life. Live it with passion, really love the moment you are in, and enjoy the entire journey. There should be no one time in life that is better than another. Take advantage of every opportunity so you can live with no regrets.

I don't remember much of when MiKell and Annalise were babies, but my memories of you start at the very beginning. I remember sitting in front of the television in the kitchen with my legs crossed, and you would crawl, or later toddle over and plop down right in the middle of my lap. You were my boy, and I loved it. You were still pretty little when I moved away to college, and I hated when I had to miss even one basketball game or golf tournament. I remember you coming to stay with me and going to the Aggie games. Everyone I associated with often heard about my baby brother....the smartest, the most tender hearted, the most handsome, the most athletic. Even now, I still don't want to miss out on even the smallest detail of your life. I love it when you call to ask for my opinion or advice. You mean the world to me. Your triumphs have been my triumphs, and your disappointments have been my disappointments.

Now you are all grown-up, and I am so proud of, and amazed by the man you have become. I am so excited to see you starting a career, and beginning this new stage of your life. I have no doubt that you will find success. Everything you have ever done..... you have done well.

You are facing so many important decisions that will change the direction of the path you will follow through life. It can be overwhelming, and terrifying. Trust yourself, trust your instincts, learn from the counsel of those that care the most, and trust your Heavenly Father. There are so many times that doubts sneak up on us and we second guess ourselves. Don't write those feelings off, they can be blessings that prevent us from making decisions in haste. But don't let those fears stop you either. The older you get the more I realize how alike we are in so many ways. I feel like I know how you will react in most situations because it is the same way I would react. The most important decision you will make is in choosing the person that will make your journey with you.

You are my perfect baby brother and more than anything I want you to have the perfect girl.... that is the perfect compliment to you...that will bring you the most perfect happiness. You deserve nothing less. I know that you have chosen wisely and with caution. You always do. And now your happiness is my happiness.

I love you with all my heart,
Reagan

No comments: