Thursday, August 28, 2008

Empower Lunch



I recently had a lunch date with three important women in my life. These are women of intelligence, strength, faith, and poise. They inspire and bless me in many ways.

My mom.... has a tender heart and a will of iron. She is my cheerleader, my shoulder to cry on, the one who is always there to pick me up, my mentor, and a friend so dear to my heart. I hope to emulate her in all things.

Jolene....I love her wisdom and advice, her wit, and her courage in voicing her opinion.

Taryn....She is intelligent, and articulate. I so admire her unique beauty and grace.

I don't remember a time when Jolene and her girls were not a part of my life. When I was very young, Jolene and my mom discovered and then nurtured the kind of friendship that many search for and never find. They are both the kind of friends I want to be to the special people in my life. I admire them and hope to become the kind of mother, friend, wife, and amazing woman that they have shown me is possible.

These dates provide plenty of stimulating conversation, great advice, and are always full of fun. We cover everything from fashion and literature, to family and politics. And we always have at least a little bit of drama to share to keep things interesting. I leave feeling empowered, enlightened, refreshed, and ready to take on the world again...... or at least the 3 year old and 1 year old that are my little part of it.

Thank-you for Lunch and Oh so much more!

1 comment:

MariAna Williamson said...

Hey Reagan,
It was so nice to see you guys too! Its crazy that i have never met Rowan before, her and pierce are so dang cute! I can't wait till Mckayla & Mark have their first, its going to be so much fun! I am sad that you guys live so far away are can't come to the wedding, but its ok, i understand, it would just be so fun to have you there. We'll take plenty of pictures that i will post on my blog though so don't worry, you'll get to see those! Its so nice that we can keep in contact now! I hadn't seen you in years until up in Midway...how sad!!! I guess the next time i will see you is at Jordans wedding, how crazy is that! J.J. is going to be the only one in the family not married!!! Hopefully it doesn't happen for a long time though! Well talk to ya later,
Love you guys!