
Whenever RoWan is unhappy, doesn't get her way, or is upset she hangs her head, and with this cute, sad little look on her face she says, "I am just a little bit sad right now".
I have tasted the bittersweet and learned a little about the heartache that comes with being a parent. Today was RoWan's first day of preschool. My heart broke just a little knowing that she won't be spending everyday at home with me. And I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed when she wanted to walk in all by herself.
The time is fleeting when they are small, and we have had several "growing-up too fast" moments in the last few weeks.
Pearce's new found independence as a walker has led to much less snuggling. My heart breaks just a little every time he wants to be put down.
RoWan has truly bonded with her two little friends down the street, and just the other day she spent more time at their house than she did at ours. My heart breaks just a little every time she walks out the door to go and play.
Each milestone is exciting and brings so much enjoyment. Our life is made richer. But, for this moment....."I am just a little bit sad right now".
Today my heart breaks just a little because the first day of preschool is bittersweet.





1 comment:
Oh how I cried as soon as I left Hannah at preschool. It is sad they are growing up too fast. I understand!
Post a Comment